“Wake Up” With Glam Glow BrightMud
Having tried, tested and loved the Glam Glow YouthMud and SuperMud, I just had to pick up the BrightMud which is specifically made for the eyes. And you know how obsessed I am with pampering my skin, especially around the eyes. A bright pair of eyes can instantaneously make you look 10 years younger!
There aren’t that many eye masks in the market and I wonder why companies don’t make more. One I’ve tried when I was in my late teens and early 20’s was a Dermalogica Hydrating Eye Mask (not even sure if it’s still available) that my mom uses.. really nice and cooling. The other eye mask that I like is the Shu Uemura Deep Sea Mask, very cooling and nice. Those were good, but to be honest, the results were hardly visible, at least not instantaneously.
This is where the Glam Glow BrightMud comes in. It gives you that instantaneous brightening effect, almost like you have just had woken up from a good 10 hours sleep. Each box retails for $92 (I think) at Sephora and Tangs. The mask is nicely and hygienically packed into 12 pairs of chrome cells. It’s recommended that you use one pair each time.
As you can see from the picture above, it’s got quite a sizeable dollop of product in just one side of the chrome cell. I have actually tried using the entire pair for one use and found that there’s just way too much product. I would recommend using one side each time for both eyes, there’s enough to cover both eyes – trust me! This way, you can actually get 24 uses out of the entire box instead of 12.
In case you are wondering, this does not have the same tingling sensation as their YouthMud or SuperMud. I guess the eye area is way too delicate to be exposed to such sensations. The mask has a thick gel-like consistency and like it’s sister masks, it’s also got little particles in the mask.
So how does it work?
This mask, like the YouthMud and SuperMud were created to give you that Red Carpet ready look. Which means, the results are instantaneous! But how? Well, there are several key ingredients in the formula that helps achieve these results.
- TAPWIPE™ – Helps Absorb Toxins While Delivering High Nutrients & Minerals to Tired Eyes
- NITROFFEINE™ C8H10N4O2 – Helps Reduce Appearance of Dark Circles, Stimulates Circulation & Helps to Reduce Visual Signs of Fatigue
- JUVELANE™ – Helps Combat the Appearance of FIne Lines & Wrinkles, Provides an Intense Hydrating & Plumping Effect
- PEPPERMINT LEAF™ – Helps Leaves Eyes Feeling Smoother & Softer, Provides Overall Brightening Effect, Helps Visually De-Puff Eyes
In short, it is like a non-evasive temporary botox for the eyes! I really love how it is so easy to use and fuss-free. Because all it takes is 3 minutes, I found myself using this even in the mornings before work on days when I don’t get a good night’s rest and look almost like a zombie.
How to use?
- Use one Chrome Cell, or one side of a Chrome Cell pair on both eyes, you can apply it all over the eyes even on the eyelids.
- Leave on for 3 minutes
- Wipe off with a tissue and viola!
- The recommendation is to use this 2-3 times a week but I think that’s a little excessive. I would use this only on special occasions or on days when you want a perk-me-up.
Ok, let’s scrutinise the picture above (you can click on it to enlarge). I’ve used just one half the chrome cell for both eyes – quite a lot of product ya? My camera wasn’t able to pick up the brightening effect but you can definitely see the softening of my fine lines. It’s pretty obvious in person especially in the morning after a late night out.
One thing to note though, although I love this to bits for that bright eyed effect, I do think that the results are temporary. Perhaps if you use it often enough, what’s temporary might become permanent.
Have you tried this? What are your thoughts? Do share!