Urban Decay Vice 3 – A Must-Have this Holiday!
If you are like me, boring with your make-up choices, i.e. always gravitating towards neutrals and not really willing to part with large amounts of cash for a colour rich palette, then you are in luck! Because this year, Urban Decay has released a brand new Vice 3 that doesn’t just look amazing on the outside, but has a wide array of colour choices for everyone – yes even the neutral go-ers like us!
I have almost all of Urban Decay’s eyeshadow palettes – ok, not all, I do have a shadow box from years ago and all 3 Naked palettes. I don’t know why I was never really drawn to the Vice Palettes although they always looked so pretty. So I was really thrilled when I got this palette to try and boy do I love it!
The packaging alone is stella! It’s bright, happy and gives you that party feel without being tacky. I love the abstract stripe design of the palette, especially when it’s topped off with a bright, neon-green jeweled “Vice” icon. The case is extra slim and sturdy without the extra weight, making it a decent palette to travel with. What’s even better this year, it comes with a matching pouch!
Yup! It’s pretty ya? It has been such a joy to photograph this palette. The colours just pop in the most pleasing way that really draws you in. Oh did I mention the price yet? This palette is available from Sephora at only $88! I’d say that’s an extremely good deal for 20 pigmented colours and easily 100 looks!
Every eyeshadow in the Vice 3 palette features Urban Decay’s Pigment Infusion System, the proprietary blend of ingredients that gives every shade it’s velvety texture, rich colour, serious staying power and blendability.
The Urban Decay Vice 3 palette comes with 20 colours and a dual-ended brush – one flat side for patting on colour and an end for blending out colour.
As you can see from above, the colours are lined up like palettes vertically. It’s really as good as purchasing 5 palettes.
- Truth – pale pink-nude matte, I found this to be slightly chalky with some fall out. So just tap it off before using. It’s a beautiful browbone highlight shade.
- Undone – pink-beige matte-satin with subtle floating tonal pearl
- Downfall – warm light brown matte shade that is a universal transition colour
- DTF-taupe matte with subtle floating pearl
- Dragon – bright metallic green shimmer. I was surprised at how beautiful this shade looks especially when layered over black or a dark base. I used this in my tutorial to create a teal look.
- Freeze – metallic medium blue with multidimensional micro-glitter
- Heroine – deep navy blue with subtle floating tonal pearl. I found this to be slightly dry and patchy
- Brokedown – metallic golden brown shimmer with gold micro-shimmer. This is one of my faves!
The Mauve and Gold
- Vanity – smoky metallic eggplant with multidimensional micro-glitter
- Lucky – metallic bronze that is so buttery it’s unreal
- Reign – rich brown satin that is so wearable
- Bobby Dazzle – metallic white with pale gold micro-glitter. This is a pretty shade that is so finely milled and blendable. Love it for the inner corners of the eyes.
- Alien – pink-peach with golden shift. This shade surprised me a little because it looks so baby pink in the palette but swatches beautifully. It’s almost like a peachy champagne colour.
- Alchemy – deep fuchsia satin. This is my favourite shade in the whole palette. Granted I’m in a berry phase at the moment, but this is a perfect fuchsia that is not too blue and not too yellow. Doesn’t make your eyes look swollen or bulgy.
- Bondage – deep, smoky burgundy shimmer. Another really pretty shade that I love to use for the lower eyelids.
- Sonic – metallic red-copper. Another one of my favourites, makes quite a pretty transition colour.
The Cool Ones
- Last Sin – champagne shimmer with silver micro-glitter
- Angel – light taupe with silver micro-glitter
- Defy – smokey taupe satin. This was somewhat disappointing because the colour was beautiful but the texture was dry and patchy.
- Revolver – soft black satin with subtle floating iridescent pearl
So which are my favourite shades?
My favourite colours from this palette are Alchemy, Bondage and Sonic. I also adore Brokedown which is so wearable on a daily basis.
I would really highly recommend you check out this palette because it is very versatile and it’s only $88! Be sure to check out my previous post for a tutorial and some LOTD 😉
Be sure to also drop by Sephora Ion this Saturday afternoon for live demonstration by my dear friend and makeup artist Sarah from facesbysarah.com. She will be relocating to Australia soon and this will be her last gig. Come by and show her some love and support!