Revlon Lip Butter (Review + Swatches)
Hope you are having an awesome weekend so far. This is going to be the first instalment of my recent craze for Revlon lip products. Picked up a bunch on my way back from Koh Samui but I shall keep those for later. I can’t wait to share with you the latest additions – the REVLON LIP BUTTERS!!! I had been lemming for these since their launch in November 2011 in the USA. Thanks to Adorebeauty that I managed to grab these as soon as they landed in Singapore.
I deliberately planned to have breakfast at Marina Square with hubby this morning so that I can “conveniently” pop by John Little where the butter babies were spotted yesterday. You never know with these things, they might just go out of stock the minute they get stocked onto the shelves! Yaya… typical “kiasu” Singaporean :p
Not sure if it’s because they are still new and have not “warmed” the shelves enough, but there was no tester in sight to try on the colours. Even so, I still managed to pick up 5 out of the 8 colours sold here. Shall let the pictures do the talking…
These butter babies do not disappoint at all! I tried all of them on today and LOVE them all. Probably should have scrubbed my lip before snapping pics of the lip butters. I guess apart from Strawberry Shortcake which is a tat too pale on me, the rest work just fine on their own. I can easily top up Strawberry Shortcake with a coloured gloss.
What I like about these butter babies:
- The texture is soft and buttery – although I wouldn’t put them in the same category as lip balms because I think they are really just very moisturising lipsticks.
- I love how the colours are mostly natural looking, very sheer and gives the “my lip and better” type of look 😉
- Because they are so sheer, you can apply them conveniently anywhere, anytime, even in a moving car!
- $15.90 per butter may seem pricey for a drugstore product, but for the quality it brings, it isn’t really too pricey at all. It is not easy to find a truly moisturizing lipstick.
What I dislike:
- Seriously, why is there a need to have 3 stickers on a teenie weenie little lipstick? Worst of all, the glue on that MFG Date sticker was a pain to remove. I had to use rubbing alcohol to get it out!
- The filmsy non-durable lipstick case! I accidentally dropped my Peach Parfait lip butter while cleaning off the glue (grrrrrr) and it cracked!! Oh well.. it was my bad! 🙁
My overall thoughts: Go and grab a couple butters today before they run out 🙂 They are worth the effort!
Have you gotten yours? Which ones did you get or will you get?
Thanks for looking!