Review: Shu Uemura Depsea Moisture Replenishing Eye Gel
The Shu Uemura Depsea Moisture Replenishing Eye Gel is a fresh textured eye gel which penetrates quickly to minimize the appearance of dark circles and puffiness for replenished, healthy looking eyes. A large percentage of this eye gel contains sea water. Shu Uemura claims that the depsea water matures in the depts of the ocean, remaining in it’s pristine state for a rich combination of minerals with it’s high affinity to the skin which is ideal for use as skincare.
The 3 main ingredients in this product are:
- Blue algae extract – one of the oldest forms of algae that helps to smoothe and moisturize the skin. Contains vitamin B group, protein, lipids and minerals which are all vital for the skin.
- Red seaweed extract – rich in zinc and polysaccharides to help to maintain moisture
- Brown seaweed extract – rich in essential amino acids to strengthen skin’s ability to retain moisture
Okie, enough of the technical aspects of this product. I have to rave about this eye gel. IT IS THE BEST HYDRATING EYE GEL EVER!!
When it comes to skincare, eye cream/gel sits right at the top spot in terms of importance. I think I can live without even facial moisturizer for a day or 2 but I cannot live without my eye gel. It is the most delicate part of the face which can give away your age if not well taken care of. Because I have very sensitive skin around my eyes – I tend to develop milia seeds really easily if I use a cream that is too rich, I try to stick to eye gel. In order to prevent any fine lines from forming around the eyes, the most important characteristic of an eye product is it’s hydrating power.
This Shu Uemura Depsea Eye Gel is THE MOST hydrating eye gel ever! I have already used 3 tubes of it and recommended it to so many friends. I am into the last few uses of my 3rd tube now and will most definitely grab my 4th one!
All you need is a little pearl size amount to dab and massage around your eyes, both upper and lower eyelids.
- Extremely hydrating – visible results in just 2 weeks.
- It is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin
- Texture is not too rich, making it suitable for all ages without causing the development of milia seeds
- Hygienic packaging with a tiny squeeze out tube
- Convenient small tube, making it a perfect travel companion
- Great for reducing puffiness
- It is rather expensive if you get it at the Shu Uemura counters – S$80
- It may not be the best eye gel for treating dark eye circles but it still works
The main plus of this product is it’s ability to hydrate – so much so that concealer will not crease or sit into whatever fine lines you have under your eyes. In areas of reduction in dark circles and puffiness – I think it’s good enough but I wouldn’t say it’s the best for reducing dark eye circles, there are probably other products out there specifically made for that. However, the fact that I have finished using 3 tubes of this gel speaks a lot since I’m such a beauty-holic and switch my skincare around so much. I have stayed loyal to this, until I find something even better! What amazes me is how it hydrates the under-eye area such that my concealer does not crease (when they used to… a lot!).
If you are considering purchasing this, do check out Strawberrynet. It only retails for S$68 instead of S$80 at the counters.
- Product: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Ease of use: 5/5