Review: MAC Toledo Collection
MAC is putting out collection after collection of limited edition makeup this season and the biggest, most complete and sought after collection has got to be MAC Toledo Collection. And by massive, I mean like 31 items in the entire collection!!! Now, this is BIG. I couldn’t even fit all the items in the picture below when I attended the preview.
The entire collection will be available island-wide from March.
Ok, now that all that is out of the way, let’s carry-on with the collection.
This collection will captivate anyone who walks pass MAC counters, even those who do not usually wear makeup, will most definitely be drawn to the beautiful, artistic white packaging. MAC x Toledo Collection is a collaboration with fashion’s most romantic couple – Isabel and Ruben Toledo, who are renowned for their award winning and imaginative work in fashion design and illustration.
The white packaging is specially designed for Isabel and Ruben Toledo, and features Ruben’s illustrations – an array of graphic lines and red-lipped faces brought to life with his one of a kind aesthetic.
Eye Palettes – S75
There are 3 eye palettes in the collection:
- FRESH BLADE – pale frosted yellow (veluxe pearl)
- GORGEOUS GOLD – muted yellow gold (veluxe pearl)
- SAVANT – mid-tone mustard lime (satin)
- VICUNA – light neutral olive (frost)
- CHARCOAL BROWN – muted taupe brown (matte)
- SUSHIGREEN – charcoal olive with multi-dimensional pearl (velvet)
- MIDNIGHT SNOW – pale silver (frost)
- IDOL EYES – silver violet with gold (lustre)
- DEEP TRUTH – true dark blue (frost)
- KNIGHT DIVINE – black with silver pearl (veluxe pearl)
- EXOTIC PURPLE – dark navy (satin)
- INDIGOGO – blackened navy with multi-dimensional pearl (veluxe)
- SWEET ALLURE – soft light pink (satin)
- FRENCH CLAY – white grey (frost)
- STARS ‘N’ ROCKETS – purple with pink pearl (veluxe pearl)
- TENDERSMOKE – muted silver lilac (frost)
- FRIZZYPLUM – dark violet with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
- OVERNIGHT – cool black (matte)
Modern Twist Lash – $40
4 mascaras in the collection. Only 1 black mascara and the rest are very fitting for this collection. The wand of the mascaras are shaped like a twisted pretzel. I haven’t actually tried these myself but the wand does look interesting.
- VYNIL – black
- CALIGRAFY – navy
- TAROT – purple
- CHLORAFILL – lime
Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner – $33
There are 3 eye liners in the collection and they all feel really smooth and creamy. The MAC Singapore senior makeup artist Beno demonstrated how these liners can be used to create a graphic liner that is wearable outside of the runway, but perhaps to a party or function.
Lipstick & Lipglass – $33
There are 6 lipsticks (all matte) and lipglasses in the collection. I absolutely love the formula of these lipsticks. The only thing that’s odd is why Oxblood was the name picked for a peachy nude rather than Sin. Either way, it’s a gorgeous nude.
- OXBLOOD – light peachy nude
- BARBEQUE – vivid orange red
- VICTORIANA – mid-toned pink red
- TENOR VOICE – true classic red
- OPERA – dark red
- SIN – deep blood red
Blush Ombre – $52
- RIPE PEACH – light coral
- AZALEA BLOSSOM – light cool pink
- KINDERGARTEN RED – crimson into pale nude
These blushes must be the items that everyone’s most interested in and it’s easy to see why, they are so pretty. Whilst they look so pretty, I was a little disappointed in the pigmentation. You do have to use a pretty dense brush when wearing these blushes. The colours do show better on the face with a brush than a hand swatch though. What I’m trying to say is, you need to get this, despite the lack of pigmentation. 🙂
Nail Lacquer – $25
There are 3 nail polishes in this collection with the same Toledo signature white packaging.
- FAINT OF HEART – palest milky nude
- VENUS RED – clean true red
- VIXEN – deep burgundy red
Brush ($68) & Makeup Bag ($50)
Phew.. so we’re done with the super long overview. Now let’s dive closer to the couple items I had the opportunity to try and play.
I had the chance to try out the blush I would have picked for myself from the collection – RIPE PEACH! As I mentioned above, the blush isn’t that pigmented and it does take quite a lot of effort to get a decent hand swatch. It does however work quite well when applied with a brush.
Here are more close-ups of the beautiful blush.
I also received a lipstick and 2 lipglasses from the collection so here are some close-ups.
If you made it this far down the post, thank you! I shall leave you with some pictures of me wearing Ripe Peach blush and Oxblood lipglass.