Dewy Natural Make-up Fit For A BBQ!
Hey everyone! I know, it’s been a while since I last posted something…. ok.. anything. Ya ya.. there’s no excuse. I was just extremely caught up with boozing, gathering and keeping fit. Err.. yea, contradiction in that sentence, but TRUE! Anyway, here I am, gonna be blog spamming over the next few days :p
I have been experimenting with creating a natural dewy look which accentuates the complexion while giving it the illusion of a natural luminous glow. Personally, this is one of the looks that I love for a day out at the beach or BBQ where you want to refrain from looking all made-up for an outdoor event, but yet stay fresh looking.
Some people think that to achieve a dewy natural look, one must not use foundation as it tends to look heavy on the skin, but I beg to defer. I had initially wanted to just go with my usual weekend Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer but decided to play it up a little and used the Bobbi Brown Cream Compact Foundation instead.
I wore this look to my boss’s BBQ 2 Sundays ago. It was a BBQ at 1pm! Ya, a little crazy. Hence, I wanted a bronzed up dewy look without looking overly done up. Expats typically wear very little to no makeup so I didn’t want to stick out like a sore thumb.
Surprisingly, this dewy look lasted me all day, right through till about 10pm that night. It is an extremely easy look to create, just go with the rule of thumb – Less Is More!
- Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer
- Bobbi Brown Cream Compact Foundation – applied with MAC 130 brush
- MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in Medium Plus – Lightly dusting to set the foundation and concealer
- MUFE Lift Concealer
- Can Make Eyebrow Color
- MUFE 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero to tightline the upper waterline
- MAC To The Beach Cream Bronzer in Weekend
- Maybelline Extreme Stietto Mascara
- MAC Wonder Woman Lip Glass in Secret Identity
- UD Dew Me Moisturizing Setting Spray
Let me know if you want to see how to create this look and I can whip up a tutorial 🙂