Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Sheer Glow Powder [Review, Photos & Swatches]
The Les Beiges collection comes complete with a Healthy Glow Cream, Healthy Glow Sheer Powder and Retractable Kabuki Brush.
LES BEIGES compact powder gives your skin the fresh, pure radiance of days spent outdoors.
The Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Sheer Glow Powder came in a one of a kind chic-looking beige packaging with the classic Chanel logo printed in black.
Can we take a moment to savor it’s beauty?
The compact came complete with the usual black velvet pouch. When I first saw pictures online, I thought it was going to be a white compact. But it’s not!! It’s a lovely nude beige! GORGEOUS!
I don’t own any Chanel face powders so I’ve only got the Chanel Notorious for comparison. The Les Beiges compact comes with 12g of product and it is slightly larger in size as compared to Notorious. It comes with a nice round fan brush which is pretty decent for on-the-go touch-ups.
The first time I opened the case and removed the brush, I was desperately trying to find an opening flap that I could lift to reveal the powder. It was only when I accidentally turned the compact over that the black cover fell off to reveal the powder beneath!
When I was at the Perth airport DFS, for some reason, my only focus was on finding the Dior Nude Tan in 002 Coral Glow. It wasn’t until the last 5 minutes before I had to board the plane when I remembered I wanted to check out Chanel Les Beiges. The sales assistant was so clueless when I asked if Les Beiges was already launched (they did not have the beige packaging on display so every powder sample looked the same. As usual, I helped myself to the drawers and opened up to look and viola! Beige boxes!!!
When the SA saw them, she went “oh these must be new!” I went on to ask if she had the Kabuki.. what was I thinking when I asked her, if she did not even know the Les Beiges collection, she would not know about the kabuki brush. I took one last peek into the drawer and there it was, 2 brand new kabuki brushes. I had to just grab both without even thinking!
Due to the time constraint, I did not even have time to swatch the powder. No.20 seemed pretty light so I decided to go with No.30 since it was supposed to be a SHEER healthy glow. I am so glad I got No.30 because Singapore will not be bringing in this colour.
What is this powder all about?
- The Les Beiges Healthy Sheer Glow Powder is a beautifully textured, smooth pressed powder which is lighter than most pressed powder.
- It comes in seven flattering shades (10 to 70) to suit all types of skintones. Note: Singapore will only be bringing in 10, 20, 40, 50. Every color has a slightly different undertone to suit both caucasians and asians.
- It contains SPF 15, antioxidants, and other skincare ingredients.
- It provides a sheer healthy glowy finish, perfect for the summer or everyday use.
- It is perfect for giving you that radiant glow as if you spent a day out in the sun.
- It has a lovely fresh perfumed scent that is the same as the Chanel CC Cream. It is only noticeable in the pan and when you first apply it, but disappears soon afterwards.
How do you wear this powder?
- It can be worn sheer, over tinted moisturiser or BB cream or even used to set your foundation.
- It can be buffed with a dense kabuki brush to double up as a powder foundation to provide slightly more coverage and even application.
- It can be a staple in your daily makeup bag and used to freshen up your face during the day or when you get oily.
- Can be used all over the face or as a bronzer if you choose a shade slightly darker than your skintone.
Singapore Chanel boutiques at Marina Bay Sands and Ion have just launched this collection, starting with only No.10 and 20. I swatched No.20 at the store and it is a tat too light for me while No.30 is slightly too dark. However, I have to say I do like the effect No.30 gives me. Akin to a healthy tan after a day at the beach.
- AUD60 from Australia DFS
- SGD80 from all Chanel counters
I have been consistently using this with the Retractable Kabuki (which I will review in a separate entry) the last 2 weeks and I LOVE it! I like buffing it over the Chanel CC Cream.
As you can see from above, the color is definitely a shade darker than my skintone but it doesn’t look orangey or yellow. I actually LOVE the color and the intensity of the healthy tan especially when I’m pretty tan so it kinda matches my arms 😉
Why do I love it so much?
- The finish of this powder is simply immaculate. It is barely visible after it has been buffed into the skin.
- The powder is not chalky at all, especially when you are using a very dense kabuki to pick up the product. There is absolutely no powder fall-outs or wastage. Definitely a plus!
- I love the scent, shame it doesn’t linger for too long.
- This list can go on and on… Just check it out at the counters and you will know why I love it so much 🙂
Definitely a new favourite in my collection and I highly recommend it! I would however urge you to check out the counters to find your color because the shades are not in sync with Chanel foundation shades. I would probably pick up No.20 to mix with No.30 since I think I am in-between both shades.
Hope this was helpful to those who are thinking of checking out this powder.