Review: Laneige Water Sleeping Pack Plus
The Laneige Water Sleeping Pack Plus is the updated formula to the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack. I have been using this mask for over a year now and thought I should do a review about it.
A feather-light, leave-on gel mask applied just before bedtime. Water Sleeping Pack Plus penetrates the skin immediately upon application; infusing it with a concentrated supply of moisture while you sleep.
Night time skin transmission (permeability) shows higher rate than the one in the day time. Applying it right before sleep time, the best state for the skin transmission according to the skin circadian rhythm, maximizes the efficiency of overnight water supply. The function of skin remarkably declines in the night time. Enriched with Beta-glucan, Water Sleeping Pack Plus deeply hydrates fatigue and dry skin while Ceramide SLN formula strengthens the skin barrier. With containing the Snow Water, it helps to keep your skin look more crystal clear and vitalized. – Antioxidant effect of Hunza Apricot Extracts helps brighten skin tone evenly by removing harmful oxygen and purifying skin.
Vitamin E Acetate (stabilised Vitamin E) protects the skin against UV damage and environmental stresses while yeast extract Toniskin encourages the skin to mend and tone itself. Bio HE, a unique ingredient derived from collagen which holds up to several hundred times its own weight in moisture, feeds the skin a continuous supply of moisture.
- It is very lightweight and can be used 2-3 times a week.
- Can be used all over the face, including the eyes.
- Extremely fuss-free, simply smear all over the face and pop straight to bed.
- Serves as a super hydrating moisturizer.
- Wake up the next day to hydrated, clear skin.
- A little goes a long way, one bottle would last you at least a year.
- Texture can be sticky when first applied, takes at least 10-15minutes to be fully absorbed. Maybe that is the reason why it’s called the sleeping mask.
- Because it’s slow in absorbing, it gets stained all over my pillow 🙁
- Apart from hydrating, it doesn’t do all that much more for the skin
My personal view on this is… It’s a really good product for lazy nights when you just don’t feel like piling on the toner, followed by serum, followed by essence, and moisturizer. I typically love using this on nights when I have been out partying. It is just so easy. My skincare routine after alcohol and dancing has to be simple. This mask reduces my routine to the basic 3 steps: Cleanse, Tone and Moisturize (with this mask). To top it off, it hydrates my skin.. and I would need that after being dehydrated by all the alcohol! :p
Though it’s not a mask filled with too many properties like anti-aging/wrinkle, I personally believe it does it’s core job pretty well, that is to moisturize and hydrate. The only thing I hate about this product is that it takes forever to absorb!
Oh, and it takes forever to use up one full bottle. I have been using this bottle (pictured) for almost a year now and it’s barely half-used.
Would I recommend it? Yes, because it is affordable and convenient.