Review: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment
Sometime back in December, while I was shopping at Sephora for X’mas gifts, I chanced upon the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. There were 2 types to choose from – tinted and non-tinted. I picked up 3 of the 4 tinted lip treatments. At that time, I was dying to try out the Revlon Lip Butters, given all the hype on YouTube, but since they were not available in Singapore, I thought these Sugar Lip Treatments would make a good substitute. Boy, was I in for a good surprise!
These Sugar Lip Treatment had SPF 15 and is a blend of reparative oils and waxes together with real sugar for delectable and dependable moisture.
– Sweet and tart blackcurrant oil cushions the lips with plumping fatty acids
– Antioxidant grapeseed polyphenols and vitamins A, C & E provide extra protection
- These lip treatments are very moisturizing and has a non-sticky formula.
- Good staying power – they seem to stay on for hours.
- Color tint is very sheer, making it extremely wearable.
- Very sturdy casing. Unlike the plastic fragile case on the Revlon Lip Butters.
- Price – $29.90 is a pretty steep price to pay for a lip treatment
- Because the case is made of metal, it tends to scratch very easily, making it look worn out very quickly.
Though I had initially purchased this because Revlon Lip Butters were not available, having tried them both now, I am convinced that these Sugar Lip Treatments are right at the top of the tinted lip treatment categories (or at least the ones I’ve tried). These are NOTHING like the lip butters, these are truly lip treatments whereas the Revlon Lip Butters are more like moisturizing lipsticks.
I love it and would highly recommend you pick one up to try.