REVIEW: Benefit Gimme Brow
We know that our eyes are the windows to our soul, so what does that make our eyebrows? The window frame, of course! It’s always important to have great looking brows!
I have been trying several new brow products over the last year and have fallen in love with a few favourites – mainly the Shu Uemura hard pencil and brow manicure (which I will review at a later date). I never thought I could fall in love with another tinted brow gel until I got my hands on the Benefit Gimme Brow.
When I first saw the Benefit Gimme Brow, I was intrigued because it was marketed as an innovative brush-on fiber gel that adheres to both skin and hair, creating brows which did not existed. Yup! You heard that right, it is meant to adhere to SKIN and hair!! I could not fully comprehend how that might work because even when I used my Shu Uemura brow manicure, I was always careful not to touch my skin with it.
The packaging was so adorable. It comes with 3g of product and has a tiny little tapered spoolie-like brush which is great for blending, brushing through the hairs and filling in the gaps with it’s precision tip. Gimme Brow is available in 2 shades, I’m using the lighter one of the 2 in Light/Medium.
I love the ash undertone in light/medium. It is probably the only brow gel with such a unique shade. Most other brow gels either have too much yellow or copper in them. This is perfect for me because I only used a brow gel to tint and lighten the colour of my brows rather than to hold the hairs in place. I had high hopes!!
Despite being very skeptical about how this product can be used on it’s own as opposed to being a finishing touch to complete my penciled in brows, I decided to give it a try. Low and behold, I LOVE it! It works like a dream. The colour was perfect, so was the texture and ease of use.
How I use it:
- Trace and outline your brows using the tip of the spoolie/brush. Of course, it will not be as precise as using a pencil or an angled brush but it works.
- Use the tip to fill in any gaps that you might have. As you can see from above, I have quite a big gap at the front of my brows.
- Once you have the outline and gaps filled, just hold the brush horizontally and brush your hairs with it. Because the brush is so tiny, it will miraculously dispense a right amount of product onto the skin and hair.
- The product claims to have fibers… I couldn’t spot any with the naked eye but I guess it’s probably there because it does make my brows look fuller and neater.
- If you like extremely defined brows, you can always use a pencil to define the edges and clean up with concealer.
This has been my weekend brow routine because it looks so natural and effortless which is awesome because I typically only fill in my brows on weekends and nothing else. It’s make-up rest days most weekends 😉
This product is long-wearing, water resistant and so easy to use that it’s awesome for anyone who’s starting out with brows. I experimented my Shu Uemura brow manicure today and tried to use it the same way as Gimme Brow – i.e. on it’s own and it was disastrous! I guess that was not made to sit onto the skin.
This product is sold at all Benefit counters and Sephora stores at $35. Do check it out if you haven’t. Did I mention that I love it to bits?!
Disclaimer: Products featured were provided to me for review consideration. I am not affiliated to them and all opinions expressed are my own.