Nails Inc Magnetic Polish Whitehall Review, Photos, Swatches
I know, I know, magnetic nails are kind of passé. It was all the rage back in 2011 and 2012, with brands like Nails Inc, China Glaze, and even Sally Hansen releasing variations of magnetic polishes. However, rumor has it that Dior will be launching magnetic nails later this year, so you might see magnetic nails making a comeback.
It must have been over a year since I bought these Nail Inc Magnetic polishes. I got 2 out of the 3 colors that were sold at Watsons. They were going for $24.90 each. You can also get Nails Inc now at Sephora.
After sporting naked nails the whole of last week, I decided to play it up just a tiny little notch by adding some magnetic patterns.
Whitehall is a gorgeous metallic green. It’s a deep emerald green which looks duo chrome in the bottle and applies metallic. I don’t normally work very well with metallic shades because most of them are streaky but these were not streaky at all!
The polish comes with a removable cap which is fitted with a piece of magnet which is meant to help form the design on the nails. The caps come with a small extension which is meant to be rested on the finger as a pivotal guide for the magnet to work it’s magic on the nail polish. My only gripe is that the elevation of the extension is too low and if you have slightly convex nails, it’s hard to not mess up and get nail polish onto the magnet (like I did). Thankfully, the formula of the nail polish is superb that I can very easily repair any smudges during the magnetising step.
How to apply:
- Apply your favourite base coat.
- Apply a medium coat of Nails Inc Magnetic Nail Polish as you would any normal nail polish on all 10 nails.
- Apply a second medium coat of Nails Inc Magnetic Nail Polish on one nail.
- Carefully place the magnetic cap over the nail, resting the extension on the base of your nail.
- Slowly pivot the magnet to follow the curve of your finger so that the entire nail surface is expose to the magnet to form a beautiful pattern.
- Continue the process until you have completed all your fingers.
- Finish with your favourite top coat.
Hope this review was helpful for you. What is your favourite magnetic nail polish?