Klair’s Skincare Review
I love switching up my skincare routine every once in a while. I believe this prevents the skin from becoming immune to the properties of a particular skincare item. About 3 weeks ago, I received a bunch of Korean skincare from this brand called Klair’s. Here’s the link to my first impressions and product information.
Ok, I’ll be honest here, I am pretty lucky to be blessed with low maintenance skin. I don’t have too many visible pores, except around my nose (which is so annoying!). I don’t get zits or breakouts at all, and even if I do, it would just be 1 or 2 teenie weenie clogged pore or something in a non-visible part of the face.
That said, all it means is that I have one less problem to worry about when buying skincare. Due to my sub-standard oil producing glands, I do need to use products that really HYDRATE and MOISTURISE my skin. For that reason, I tend to use high-end skincare. Yup! I’ve fallen victim to the mantra of believing that more $$$ equals to better product and closer to claims.
I decided to switch up my daytime skincare routine, replacing 3 of my high-end products with KLAIR’S. I wasn’t really expecting to see any noticeable differences in my skin… BUT I DID!!!
SERUM – Replaced SKII Facial Treatment Repair C with Klair’s Rich Moist Soothing Serum
I have been using the SKII Facial Treatment Repair C for a while and have always loved it. Coupled with my SKII Facial Treatment Essence, it was, in my opinion back then – an invincible duo!
I initially only replaced Klair’s Serum for the daytime routine, but after a few days, I started to notice a difference and decided to use it for night as well. My face felt more supple and smooth. It sure lives up to it’s claim of providing rich moisture. I even smooth it over my eyes and have no problems at all.
- The consistency is slightly thicker than that of SKII but it is in no way sticky or gooey at all.
- There is a slight scent to it, but it’s a nice one so it doesn’t bother me.
- It works like a charm!! Having used it for about 3 weeks now, I can clearly say that this product is a really nice gem with a small price tag of just SGD39.90. It is definitely comparable to the more high-end serums in the market.
- I have to say I was truly amazed at how I could really feel a difference upon using this. Definitely will repurchase when I’m done with this.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! A+
Eye Cream – Replaced Sublimage Eye Cream with Klair’s Ultimate Dual Effect Eye Cream
I usually use a different eye cream for day and night just because a richer eye cream is preferred for the night. But since I ran out of my Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Cream, I had to make do with my night eye cream for daytime use. I was delighted when I was received the Klair’s eye cream. Just what I needed for the day.
- Comparing it with Chanel is probably not doing Chanel any justice. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love that Sublimage eye cream and still do. But it is just way too thick for the day and doesn’t sit well with concealer and makeup since it’s pretty rich and oily. PS: I still use the Chanel for night and it is my holy grail eye cream for night!
- The Klair’s Ultimate Dual Effect Eye Cream is very similar to the Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (not the one I was using previously). This has a much lighter consistency and cost half as much as Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream!
- What I love about this eye cream is that even though it contains shea butter and jojoba oil, it does not feel oily at all. It absorbs easily into the skin and is not too heavy and oily to the point where it causes my concealer to “separate” throughout the day.
- Another plus about this product is the hydration property, it keeps the eye area plump-up so that concealer or foundation would not sit into the lines.
- Definitely recommended especially as a daytime eye cream under your makeup. If you don’t have severe eye problems like me, you can probably get away with using this both day and night. This eye cream retails at SGD56.90.
Day Moisturiser: Replaced SKII Cellumination Deep Surge with Klair’s Rich Moist Soothing Cream
Once again, I am not going to say Klair’s is better than then high-end SKII moisturiser. But it does have some positive points over the SKII.
- A creamy moisturiser serves as a better base for makeup. I don’t use any facial primer under my foundation, just my basic moisturiser. Because the SKII Cellumination Deep Surge is gel-based, it doesn’t serve too well as a primer. Klair’s however, glides on smoothly and absorbs really well into the skin and provides better grip to allow foundation to adhere to it better.
- It is said to control oil, but since I don’t have oily skin to begin with, I can’t really comment on that point.
- This is a pretty basic moisturiser, it does meet expectations in terms of providing moisture, just nothing above and beyond that. Unlike the Klair’s Rich Moist Soothing Serum whose results were evident. However, couple this with the serum and you get a pretty good moisture shield for the day!
- This product is said to be suitable for all skin types. I’m pretty much normal to dry and it works wonderfully.
- Do not skip moisturiser if you have oily skin – this would only cause your oil glands to produce more oil to keep the oil balance of your skin. (Wish I could say the same for dry skin!!)
- Priced only at SGD38.90 for 45ml, you are getting around 6 months worth of product. Pretty good deal!
Klair’s Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream with SPF40 PA++
BB Creams are like tinted moisturisers except that they are very often filled with skin nourishing properties. BB Creams have recently become my weekend staple, and sometimes even on work days.
Excuse my very sallow skin above, been a really long week for me at work. And since my eyes were just recovering from an infection, I didn’t put on my usual contacts, hence I don’t look as bright and awake! Alas! Wonders of contact lens.
- You don’t need too much for the whole face, you can either dot a pea sized amount on the back of your hand or dot them all over your face like I did.
- Blending can either be done using fingers or a brush. I prefer using a brush to buff the BB cream evenly into the skin for a flawless airbrush finish. Fingers will do just fine especially if you are rushing for time.
- Even though this came in only one shade, I was surprised at how perfectly it blended right into my skin. I am between an NC25 and NC30.
- This BB Cream is very easy to blend and it absorbs into the skin pretty quickly. You can do away without powdering your face. Usually I would just very lightly dust on some loose powder to set my concealer.
- It doesn’t have a matte finish, neither does it have a dewy finish. It simply looks like skin but better.
- Coverage is light to medium. It does cover my hyperpigmentation pretty well, especially around my nose and mouth. Coverage is buildable if you prefer to use this instead of a concealer. In fact, if your dark eye rings aren’t quite as bad as mine, you might just get away with this BB Cream.
- I am in no way a BB Cream expert, but I do like this product for it’s maintenance and transfer free properties. Yup, because it absorbs right into the skin, it doesn’t transfer (of course, don’t delibrately rub a tissue over your face) and does not feel sticky to the touch.
- You can get this from The Face Apps at just SGD39.90.
Finally, some pictures after I’ve put on some concealer and cream blush. This is the result of all the above mentioned products!
Note: None of the pictures were airbrushed with photoshop. What you see is what you get 🙂
All items shown in this post are available from The Face Apps (LINK) – an online shopping portal which focuses on bringing in skincare (mainly from Korea, including Skin Food, Rojukiss and Ciracle) at a much cheaper price than the stores here in Singapore. Klair’s is store’s new launch and there are a few promotions going on at the website. Do check it out! 🙂
Also check out their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Face-Apps) and “Like” it to keep up to date of their product launches, promotions and giveaways.
All my readers will be entitled to an additional 10% off Klair’s ala carte items from the shop.
On top of the above promotion, purchase over $50 and you will receive 2 FREE Masks from either face shop, Innisfree or skin food. While stocks lasts! So place your order today.
Just email email@example.com and state “SheShopsMakeup Promo“ when you place your order.
More information on Klair’s products: http://www.klairscorp.com/
Thanks for looking!
Products featured were provided to me for review consideration. I am not affiliated to the company and all opinions expressed are my own.