If I Could Only Pick One Brand… NARS
Eversince I started this blog, I have had the chance to play and try tons of different make-up from different brands. Every brand, from luxury to drugstore has it’s own “star” product or products they are known for. For instance, Laura Mercier was always known for their tinted moisturiser and secret camouflage concealer; NARS was known for their blushers; Guerlain for their bronzers, etc.. You get the idea…
Looking at my make-up collection, I dare say that NARS is the only brand that I own almost every single item necessary to create a full face make-up, appropriate for a day out. My first encounter and purchases from NARS were in Paris back in 2011. It’s not a surprise that my first NARS items were blushers. I picked up 3 blushers – Gilda, Orgasm (of course I had to!) and Douceur. You can read all about it here. Several months later, my friend was heading back to Canada to visit family and I had her pick up the Sheer Glow Foundation and NARS Orgasm multiple. I picked up the foundation in Punjab using Temptalia’s foundation matrix as a guide and it was a perfect match!
My NARS collection continued to grow. Purchases from Australia, Hong Kong and then Singapore when the brand finally hit our shores! It’s pretty amazing that I love almost every NARS product I own, I even have a palette that is totally brand new and untouched – the NARS Hanamichi Palette which was limited edition.
On Christmas Day, I decided to make it extra special by using all the make-up from one brand – NARS. My favourite NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is missing in the picture below.. oops!
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Punjab – I used to love this concealer but after using the YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation, I found this a little too matte for my liking. But it’s still a nice foundie with medium coverage.
- NARS Laguna Bronzer – LOVE this both for bronzing and contouring. This changed my make-up routine and forever added bronzing as an essential step.
- NARS Highlighter in Albatross – This is a white based highlighter with gold shimmer specks. This used to be my go-to highlighter. I still love it for inner corner of the eyes but for this look, I used it to bring glow back to the face and swept some on top of the cheekbones.
- NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Brousse (not sure where my number 4 disappeared to in the picture) – I used this to accentuate my crease to smoke out the eyeshadow.
- NARS Ita Brush – THE BEST contour brush you will ever need.
- NARS Eyeshadow in Lhasa – beautiful satin taupe colour which I used all over the lid.
- NARS Eyeshadow in Abyssinia – best highlight colour ever! Thanks to Sophia for her recommendation on this one.
- NARS Matte Velvet Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita – OMG!! I LOVE this!! Never thought I would like a matte lip pencil, but this one is the perfect natural peachy nude shade that does not dry out my sensitive lips. It is my only matte velvet lip pencil, but definitely will not be my last!
- NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliner in Madison Avenue – Used this to line my upper lid. Perfect and does not smudge at all!
- NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliner in Rue Bonaparte – The perfect nude for lining the waterline. It stays on perfectly for several hours, which is very impressive given that my eyes tend to “eat” up all my waterliners.
- NARS Blusher in Gilda – Gorgeous matte peach blusher which was my brightest blusher for a long time, until I discovered Illamasqua.. hehe
- NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder – I’ve raved so much about this. Huge love! You can read all about it here.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard (not pictured) – Favourite under-eye concealer. If you see your colour in stock, GRAB IT! It goes out of stock real quick.
By the way, I had the Christmas brunch at Alkaff Mansion. It was AMAZING!! The food, ambience and not forgetting free-flow bubbly. Yummy!!
What did you do over Christmas and if you could have one brand of make-up, what would it be?